The Camp Collective
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
By checking the "I Agree" button on the Registration Form, you're agreeing to this Waiver of Liability (the “Waiver”) by (the “Participant”) in favour of The Camp Collective, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, “The Camp Collective”). under the laws of the Province or British Columbia, The Participant desires to attend the Camp Collective and engage in the activities related to being a participant. I understand the nature of such participation in activities. In consideration for participating at a Camp Collective camp, I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Agreement under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Participant, release and forever discharge and hold harmless The Camp Collective and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my participation at The Camp Collective.
2. Insurance. I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver and Release discharges The Camp Collective from any liability or claim that I, the Participant, may have against The Camp Collective with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my activities and time spent at a Camp Collective camp. I also understand that The Camp Collective do not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance to me, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
3. Medical Treatment. I, the Participant, understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of The Camp Collective beyond what may be offered voluntarily and freely by a representative of The Camp Collective, in its sole discretion, in the event of such injury or medical expense. I hereby release and forever discharge The Camp Collective from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered to me in connection with an emergency during my time with The Camp Collective.
4. Assumption of the Risk and Indemnification. I understand that my time with The Camp Collective may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, forest games, hiking, yoga, kayaking, campfires, stargazing and local transportation to and from the camp. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release The Camp Collective from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from my activities and my time at the The Camp Collective camp. If I, or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against The Camp Collective related to my participation activities and time at The Camp Collective, I agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless The Camp Collective from any claim, including without limitation, loss, liability, damage or cost which may occur as a result of any such claim.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto The Camp Collective all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by The Camp Collective during my time at The Camp Collective camp, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Behaviour. I understand that my behaviour at The Camp Collective must comply with all rules and regulations of Bodega Ridge on Galiano Island, and laws of the Province of British Columbia and Canada.
7. Other. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver is shown invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS BY YOU. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING.
I have read this Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have agreed to it freely and voluntarily.